- Use a known good DVD movie image of not less than approximately
4.2GB and not more than 4.4GB.
- If there are no vendor code or ring codes readable then put
No Code in appropriate cells.
- ALL burns are from DVD movie image on the HD for repeatability.
If this rule is not followed it will skew the test data.
- ALL burns will use Nero Express 22.214.171.124. If this rule is not
followed it will skew the test data.
- Attempt to burn ALL media even if cosmetic defects are found.
- The DVD reader can be a Consumer Electronics (CE) device (DVD
Player), but some CE devices may not read good burns on some media
because of the speed.
- If the CE device fails to read then try another DVD drive to
play the burned DVD.
You may have to update the firmware or burning application for the
DVDR optical device to get a good burn @ max speed.
You may have to update the firmware for the DVDR optical device
to get a good read @ max speed.
You may fill in the spread sheet for Test Data any time during each
test or you may want to print it out and use it as a check sheet.
Updates since the original test plan was developed:
OS = Windows XP SP2
Nero Express DVD Burning application = 126.96.36.199